It’s an honor just to be nominated!
Imagine my surprise and delight when I received a tweet from Ashley at Chitown and All Around, informing me that she had generously nominated C’mon Get Crafty for a Liebster Award! (“You like me! You really like me!”)
Now, what the heck is a Liebster Award??
“The Liebster Award is for blogs with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever nominated them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”
Ah, ok. (Nope, I didn’t know what it was until I was nominated, either.)
Well how great is that? Love me some bloggy love, and questions are always fun! So, whether you’re curious or not…
1. I have an uncanny ability for mimicry. Not to say I can do voices, but I get all OCD about quoting movies, because I can remember the exact tone, cadence, and inflection of the quote, and repeat it verbatim. I’ve also been known to correct other people when they quote – which is ALWAYS a good way to get a “look”.
2. My favorite actors are all dead.
3. I never cared for Mexican food until I moved to Las Vegas – now I can’t get enough of it!
4. I was never a crier – a movie had to be SERIOUSLY sad to get me. Dry-eyed through Old Yeller even. Yet since having my son, I’ve caught myself welling up during TV shows and cartoons.
5. The one food I would die if I could never eat again is cheese. Any kind of cheese.
4. Despite making appropriate grumblings about the fact that my son looks NOTHING like me, I am secretly thrilled that he is the spitting image of his Daddy.
5. I’ve met Vince Vaughn three times, and never been allowed to speak to him, even when he walked up and said, “Hi, how are you?”
6. Jennifer Aniston touched my butt once.
7. Years of bartending and serving have turned me into the greatest customer you could ever want to have – I think service industry jobs should be a requirement for everyone – they teach you not to be entitled a$$hats.
8. My first blog ever had about six posts, and I don’t even remember the title. It was about stories and events that happened at one bar I worked at in Chicago – I would come home from a shift at 3am and write up the often hilarious happenings of the night, or guides on what NOT to say and do in a bar.
9. I don’t really care for ice cream or chocolate.
10. My husband and son give the absolute greatest hugs in the world, a surefire way to cheer me out of a bad mood.
11. When I was a kid, a few years living in California had me obsessed with sharks – but I still get scared during JAWS.
Now, the questions from Ashley at Chitown and All Around:
Travel. I want to see the world.
Yes – My family calls me by a childhood nickname, Mugs. I have several friends refer to me as “Monica” due to my competitive nature, and my stinky baby brother calls me Ugly – with great affection.
Mint Chocolate Chip
Let’s go with fun and fantasy over actual survival for this – I’d say my Kindle (so I have access to a LOT of books), a secret supply of wine like the rum storage in Pirates of the Carribbean, and -as long as we’re going that route- Captain Jack Sparrow would be a nice addition.
Now you’re speaking my language – I have lots like this, but the first that comes to mind is Ghostbusters. I can ALWAYS watch Ghostbusters.
Much to my regret, Pig Latin doesn’t qualify.
I have! I’ve traveled to Mexico three or four times, and I’ve been to England and France!
Based on my current cravings, I’d go with a veggie bowl loaded with rice, beans, cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole from Chipotle.
An interior designer to create my ultimate, magazine-worthy craft room.
Like a stellar singing voice or the ability to bend body parts in weird ways? Nope, I’m kind of boring.
It was a close race between Jem and the Holograms and Small Wonder.
So, now for the 11 Amazing Blogs I’ve picked to also be nominated for a Liebster Award! Please do yourself a favor and go check out all of these wonderful sites – you won’t be sorry!
So now here are my questions for all of my nominees:
1. What did you want to be when you “grew up”?
2. Prefer to read or watch TV/movie?
3. What childhood toy was your most treasured?
4. If you were forced to vacate your present city, where in the world would you want to move to?
5. I’m not sure I could go a day without _________________.
6. What was your first introduction to blogging?
7. What does the phrase “the nineties” make you think of?
8. Who was your teacher crush as a kid?
9. With all the chatter about organic vs processed foods, what would you be the most disappointed to give up for health reasons?
10. Which Friend would you be – Monica, Joey, Chandler, Rachel, Phoebe, or Ross?