I can’t wait to share my DIY Unicorn Ornament with everyone as part of the new 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
How to Make a Unicorn Ornament
I started to make a unicorn with multi colored glitter paint, so that is the DIY you will see in the photos. The ornament turned out great, but I realized I couldn’t make a unicorn out of it. However, the same principles apply!
- Take a clear ornament, and swirl a small amount of floor cleaner inside
- Sprinkle in white glitter, or glitter paint
- Swirl and add, swirl and add
Regardless of method, I hope my cousin loves it! I drew on eyelashes with black glitter glue, The horn was made from polymer clay, which I rolled into thin snakes and rolled together into a horn. I also created the ears from the clay, molding them to the ornament while soft before baking.
Bake the clay at 275 degrees for 15 min per 1/2 inch of thickness. Then paint.
- I painted the horn in gold paint.
- Hot glue the horn and ears to the ornament
- Decorate as you like; I surrounded the horn with hot glued pearls I had in my stash, You could add flowers or a mane too!
- Draw on eyelashes, then trace in black glitter glue.
- Run a ribbon through the ornament lid and tie off in a loop.
I love my glittery unicorn ornament, I am so happy with it! I probably could have added a few more beads or embellishments around the horn, but she still turned out pretty fancy!
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!