These Quick and Easy Superman Jelly Puffs will Wow at your next party – or just for your next kid friendly brunch!
A while back, I was gifted with this fantastic superhero cookbook from Downtown Bookworks! We had a ton of fun making our Batman PB&J sandwiches, and these Superman Jelly Puffs were also a big hit!!! You will be surprised how easy these are to make, and how much fun your kids will have making them!
*This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.*
Superman Cream Cheese Jelly Puffs – Ingredients
- Ready-made Puff Pasty Dough (or make your own – I am NOT that brave, ha!)
- Jelly of Choice
- Cream Cheese
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Egg wash
- Piping Tube (a Ziploc with a cut in one corner works well!)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Superhero Cookie Cutters
1. Roll out the puff pastry on a bed of light flour, and begin to use the Superman cookie cutters for your puffs. This is a fun opportunity for the kids to help!
2. Layer the pastry with a bit of jam or jelly, and a dollop of cream cheese.
3. Layer another pastry puff cut out over the top and pinch the sides together with a fork before basting lightly with the egg wash.
My family has spent years making cookies – we do it every Christmas, and I can admit to having eaten my fair share of dough (long before the outcry of its contamination, lol). I learned long ago the tweak of pressing the sides with the twines of a fork to secure them and avoid the innards from leaking. It worked pretty well in this case.
4. Bake until puffed and ready, roughly 10 min at 350 degrees.
5. Once baked, let cool.
6. Pipe the Superman logo on with the Cream Cheese Frosting recipe in the Ziploc bag.
7. Finish with a light colored sprinkle, if desired.
If you think your kids would LOVE this treat, be sure to also check out my personally crafted Boy Mom’s Guide to Gifts on Amazon! Everything on it is kid tested by my own boys, or on their own wish lists, so take the guess work out of shopping!